Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Thoughts About Web 2.0

One of my goals is to bring technology into all of the classrooms at my school so it can benefit the students with what they are learning.  I feel that there are so many resources out there and we have to choose which ones can benefit our students the best.  I would like to see all of our teachers have a professional Twitter account and possibly their own classroom blog, so they can communicate more with their students and colleagues.

I don’t believe that the technology should drive the curriculum, but it should be a complement to enhance the learning process.  I enjoy using technology to enhance what is being taught to the students.  I think there are so many great tools out there to bring into the classroom that can help the students learn and allow them to experience so many different things.  I believe that the existing Web 2.0 technologies will have a great impact on student learning and the way we teach them than other improved technologies have in the past.  I think that we can’t even imagine the changes that are going to take place in education due to this collaborative interaction via the internet.  Students are going to be publishing work, be exposed to endless amounts of information, and will have the ability to participate and collaborate during the learning process.  These powerful technologies can positively affect student performance and achievement, motivate students to learn, and increase communication between the teachers and students as well as their parents. 

1 comment:

  1. Exactly! Technology shouldn't drive curriculum, but should enhance it. That's such a profound and guiding philosophy to teach by!

    When we use current technology tools and follow cultural technology trends, we're not only motivating students, but also providing them with the skills they will need for life and career.

    Great thoughts! I wish you were in my school!

    Louise R

    ReplyDelete